Sunday, January 21, 2007

Why do my eyes sting?


Pup-Peroni Dog Snacks

I understand why the designer made the color choices with this product. The bright Yellow on Red is craving to get your attention. This package of dog snacks will jump out of the shelf at you and scream "buy me buy me!" In that sense, it's successful. Unfortunately, it makes my eyes sting at the same time. It's like staring at the sun for too long. Ouch!

The fact is...it makes me nauseous! The color scheme is almost terrifying. Quite honestly, I don't think it's the packaging that gets people to buy them either...they're a hit because dogs actually do LOVE them, "A Pooch'll do Anything for Pup-Peroni Dog Snacks!" This is in fact true for most dogs. After some research I found that this snack is recommended for a training treat because dogs love them!

Major downfall is the color scheme. However, there is in fact a bright side! The package itself is actually pretty well made. It keeps the treats fresh and moist while protecting them from getting crushed (they resemble slim jims).

Perhaps their packaging is outdated? I tried finding some info on when Pup-Peroni's came out and what their package design was like then...but unfortunately, no luck. If anyone knows, I'd love to hear it!

1 comment:

RYAN said...

uggggh, very "playdoh" like packaging!!! So what do the other brands look like? You didn't have an environment shot!