Monday, January 22, 2007

Week 2 Analysis


Since I was slow on the whole you can use your Winn Dixie product as a weekly find, my Winn Dixie one will be for week 2. I chose to show the peanut butter because of how inmature I felt it was. Granted peanut butter is usually geared toward children, the random graphics on this label threw me off. Of course the gradiant was a horrible choice and the orbit surrounding the novelty typeface is just special. But what I thought was the most odd was the on both the crunchy and the creamy peanut butter bottles they had pictures of a group of peanuts. Most of the other competition showed a picture of what the bottle contained. Not that a graphic is necessary to show what is inside, however the same picture on two different products is not a good approach.

3 comments:

Alakeisha said...

Yeah that is true. I don't know where they come up with these ideas. Its like majority or most of Winn-Dixie products have that gradiant in the background.

Alex Olson said...

It's true what you said about the same photo on two different products being confusing. Granted it is the same brand, only slightly different, but people might pick up the wrong one when they're not paying attention, because they are so similar.

RYAN said...

I would also take the picture on the jar to mean they are both crunchy. I agree with the gradient being overused. I think they could benefit from different colors to separate the two.