Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Thirst


As I was thinking about this project, many things came to my mind when it came to the word “thirst”. I thought of water, the absence of water, dry mouth, an empty water tower, the desert. The desert idea seemed to attract me the most. As I brainstormed about the desert I naturally thought of camels. I thought it would be humorous to illustrate a thirsty camel, since they can go a long time without drinking water. As I was looking online for inspiration I got the idea of a camel in the desert jugging on a water bottle. The drawing is simple, nevertheless illustrates the topic of thirst.
-Natalie Mattox, Conceptual Imagery

2 comments:

Sam said...

Now that's dry weather! I think this is the first image that the class has made that has a fully developed background that plays into the illustration's meaning, well done.

jenn said...

Humorous, yet effective! Makes me wonder whether camels actually can ever get dehydrated.