Saturday, January 27, 2007

Weekly Product Analysis







As you can see in the picture, the cherries are located on the top shelf next to the “CherryMan” jar. The cherries are located on the shelf with all the ice cream toppings. The chocolate syrup containers are mostly shades of brown with not much contrast. The cherries actually stand out because of the red color. When I took a closer look at the two bottles of cherries, I noticed that the label on the “Cherryman” jar is actually transparent and the colors used are vibrant and childish. On the other hand, the label is very difficult to read and it’s rather dark. The “ThriftyMaid” brand is easily distinguishable among the rest of the jars on the shelf. If I were to redo the label on the ThriftyMaid jar I would like to change the color of the lid for starters, because the gold lid doesn’t work well with bright labels. I would also like to add some better design to it and make the label pop. The symmetrical design adds nothing “out of the ordinary” to the bottle. I would like to add something a little off balance on the label. It is actually not that badly done. It could just simply be better.

1 comment:

RYAN said...

HAHAHA! those silly cherries! I thought the label for thrifty maids design was a bit to plain and I did not like the illustration for the cherries either, I would have liked to seen a real cherry picture instead.