Saturday, February 3, 2007

Weekly product Analysis


Vlasic Kosher Dill Pickles
I chose to analyze this product package cause it was one that caught my eye. Lets start the obvious; the character on the label. I think that the cartoon character is appealing to any age generation. It could especially appeal to little kids. I think this was done to appeal to a boarder audience, especially to kids ho don't like eating there vegetables. The large typeface also stands out more so than its competition in its environment. The color is an appropriate choice. The blue is very bold, and stands out from the competition, [winn dixie] blends in with the shelves. The “vlasic” company has been around since 1942, so it has a great reputation, and has a better chance of being purchased than the competitors
.

1 comment:

RYAN said...

The character was also used to market the pickles in TV commercials as well, they had an "old time" feel to them. I don't think it was mainly designed to market to kids though, I think it was used to market to the generation that would appreciate eating a sandwhich with sliced pickles. I like the design though, and they do stand out on the shelf.