Saturday, February 3, 2007

Hungry Jack Maple Syrup

Michael Phillips
Hungry Jack Syrup
One reason I chose this product is because of how it caught my eye. Hungry Jack syrups are well designed syrups. The oddly shaped syrup bottled are original, and gives them personality, and are different from the rest. I like the close up photos of the pancakes in each kind of syrup, its constant, and makes them very appetizing with the syrup running down them. I also like the colors used in the deign. In each kind of syrup by hungry Jack, they use different colors, but they still have the same feel, and consistency, and that works well for it. I also think that the typeface that was chosen was a great choice. It works for any target audience, not limited to a certain group. Its not too “corporate” and not too playful or too kid friendly. It works well. I also like the yellow ribbon, it gives it just a hint of class.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I agree with you. The oddly shaped bottle does help this syrup brand pop out from the rest. I believe this is the only one that is shaped that way. Most of them are that tall slim bottle we are used to seeing.

RYAN said...

I actually don't like this label for hungry jack, i think the photo of the pancake is a bit to distracting and that the yellow blends into the pancake. The bottle on the right has a photo of a microwave. I think it would be better if it just said "microwavable" instead of putting the picture. Or then again there could be a cave man that doesn't know what one is....hmmmmm.