Tuesday, January 30, 2007

wk3: birth


Originally, I sketched out an egg that was cracking open as the lil guy inside was just starting to try to bust out. However, when I checked the site, I saw that someone else has already used that idea so I decided to go with something else. Of the rest of my "birth" ideas, the tadpole was my most successful. Since it's the early most stage of a froggy's life (aside from the egg of course), I thought that it was very suiting for this illustration. At first, I colored it with grey scale Prisma markers, but I got quite a few comments about it looking like sperm. As much as that may fit for this assignment, it was not my intention. I decided to change the lil guy's color to green in hopes that people will start associating it more with a frog and less with the male mammal reproductive cell.

3 comments:

Kim said...

What a great concept and great explanation. I had no thoughts of it looking like a sperm. My first thought was tadpole.

jenn said...

lol. me either. first thought was a tadpole. great job.

RYAN said...

LOL Katie! My first thought was sperm when i first saw this in class! I like it better with the green, very tadpole-ish!!!