Friday, February 2, 2007

BAd




This new moms stress survival kit has its ups and downs. I love the illustration, its got a good style going for itself but to be honest I really just cant stop thinking a double cheese burger is going to pop out of it. It screams mcdonalds, the typography the size everything. With a few tweaks I think I would absolutely love this package but where it stands right now I think it needs work and I would not want it on the shelf. It’s a shame cause they have something great.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I totally agree with you. I think the shape of the box and the colors used make it look like a McDonald's box. I also think the san serif typeface and the simple illustration on the front closely relates it to a cheeseburger box. I don't mind the illustration, but I think I would have to agree with you on the tweaking part. They do have something going for them, so some simple tweaking would make this package stand out better.

RYAN said...

Well this package could use a complete color change from the red/ yellow. This is why you are thinking of food because it has the same colors. Maybe a neutral pale yellow, which is supposed to represent a girl and a boy for new moms.