Friday, January 25, 2008

Yet another plastic bag..


Over all I find this product design over all effective when it comes to protecting the product. I like the idea of seeing what the product is before I purchase the item, and the fact that it’s not overly packaged. On the other hand, is this packaging really environmental safe? The product is made out of a thick plastic and is water resistant. If broken down this packaging could be recycled. This product is good and convent for people who like to reuse this type of packaging, but thinking about the fact that most people toss packaging in the trash makes me really re-think my opinion of its design. This product does not necessary have to be packaged within a plastic container, so it’s not like there is not room for improvement. In the end I am conflicted with this products overall design. Like most products it appeals to consumers, but one most consider the average human habits and the fact that the material used could be considerably harmful to the environment.

1 comment:

April said...

You're right on the packaging, I think it could be something different that would not harm the environment in the way this thick plastic package does. The design of the label is a bit difficult to see in the picture.