Tuesday, January 22, 2008

package design


Since we are redesigning labels for class I am posting up one that I found that I thought was just horrible. The one that I hate is the name brand pasta rings that is made by Hannaford. The brand is carried by the Sweetbay stores. I see the resemblance that they were trying to achieve by copying the campbells spaghettos label, but I just don't think theirs is affective at all. The picture on the front of the can just doesn't make the product look too appetizing. The product also blends too much on the shelf. I think if the can can still resemble the product that it is like, but that it can stand out more and not just blend with the others.

3 comments:

Laura Faye said...

I noticed that it's a trend with Sweetbay to use pictures of the food on the label, especially on cans. Unfortunately, the pictures are all pretty unappetizing.

April said...

I agree, the picture of their product does not make it look like anything I'd want to eat either! I found the Hannaford Mini Beef Ravioli and I thought the same of that label!

theeyeinside said...

Keep in mind the product is meant to appeal to kids... I'm not sure it does that very well either. Their product shots are pretty crappy.