Friday, January 25, 2008

Package Design Week 1




This is a package from a perfume called Malaia from Hollister, the bottle came inside of it. I'm captivated by this design because it's unique. I was looking at perfumes at Dillards the other day and noticed that the majority of perfumes come in boxes, so to package the perfume in a circular container is a unique spin. We talked in class about how packages must me both attractive and protective and this package is both. If you were to drop this package, it would be more protective than other boxes I've bought perfume in. The cardboard around the package is really sturdy and the image on the package is very "hollister-esque." The perfume is for a woman, and the pink is reflective of that.

1 comment:

April said...

I don't know anything about this product or that it is "hollister-esque", but it does look intersting. I would have to agree that this would stand out amongst other perfumes packaged in boxes on a shelf.