Friday, January 25, 2008

Package Design Week 2



This is a DVD package for the TV show "One Tree Hill." This is an effective form of package design because each season is a different color, making them easily distinguishable from one another. Each box set has a different image of the characters on it so you can see them as they grow up and how different they look in every season. The package is creative and protective. Inside, there is a holder for a little booklet that contains summaries of each episode and places to hold each of the disks. However, the only thing that bothers me is the way the disks are placed inside of it. Say I want to get to disk two, I have to remove disk one in order to get to the second disk. I find this to be extremely inconvenient. Seasons one held each disk individually in a flip book kind of way, I thought this was more effective. However, the company finds this way to be the best because they've used it for 3 seasons.

2 comments:

theeyeinside said...

I too would find it annoying to have to take out the top CD to get to the one beneath it. Maybe they're trying to save on materials so they can be more environmentally friendly?

April said...

I agree, it would be annoying to take out the top disk to get to the bottom, but I also agree with Lisa on the possible purpose of it. I like the design of the cover and the idea of adjusting the images with the seasons to show the changes over the years.