Monday, February 12, 2007

Week 6 Package Design




I got this Wrigley's gum tin package as a stocking stuffer for Christmas two years ago and it still has gum in it, I even found some Christmas chocolate coins in there too! I saved this tin because I liked the packaging. It was originally stocked with four different flavors of gum and had 12 packs in it. I thought this was a great idea because for people that like to chew gum a little storage container is pretty cool. The colors are simple, just red, white, and black painted on the metallic silver tin. The tin has a hinge to connect the top so it is easliy opened and you don't lose the lid. The layout of the text and graphic elements gives it a very nostalgic feel. I feel this design works because it is very simple and clean. Best of all, when your done chewing all the gum, it is the perfect size to store pens and pencils!

1 comment:

Alakeisha said...

Man that looks huge when you blow up the picture. I like how they made a tin to fit different flavors of gum inside. I kind of wonder it might be stupid but why did they use red, black and silver. Instead of using one of the colors of the gum? Over all I think is t kool. I need one of those.