Sunday, February 4, 2007

Week 4


For Week 4 I found this Kleenex box that depicts a old world map on it’s

packaging. This packaging isn’t necessarily the most revolutionary in it’s construction;

however, I really like the idea behind the graphics. It could become an entire line of

kleenex boxes that every season or month or holiday had a theme. Because as

miniscule as it seems a kleenex box can stand out like sore thumb in room that is nicely

decorated. It also alleviates those tacky crocheted kleenex box covers that people use

to attempt to conceal the ugly boxes that they come in. These boxes could really take

off as a simple design element around a room if that consumer had a selection in color

or theme for them. They remind me of the new designs that you see on objects that

you would have never imagined that would be design elements around your home;

such as hand vacs, toasters, and coffee makers.

1 comment:

RYAN said...

This is pretty good packaging. I would totally by that if it matched my home decor.. LOL! This is a better version of the "themed" boxes you normally see. I hate the kleenex packages that come with disney characters on them etc.. they do not intice me to buy them. (WOAH! what happened with the text formatting for your post?)