Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Week #1- success


According to dictionary.com, success is "the favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or endeavors." When I think of success, I think smiling faces, happiness, hands flying, people cheering, laughter, and movement. I figured that most people would think of money or a dollar sign to portray success, so I wanted to steer away from that. I guess people feel that you must have a lot of money to be successful. I think a very common signal that a person will do when they are applauding someone on their success is a thumbs up. Therefore, that is what I drew. I added a jagged edge for some movement to the piece.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Very cute! I am glad you also decided to not portray something not having to do with money. You thought of success from a totally different point of view.

Sam said...

I think the jagged edge is what gives this illustration energy and emphasis, nice touch.

Sherrielb86 said...

I really like this illustration for the word success. It's straight to the point and I think the jagged lines give the picture energy. Nice job.