Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dog Food


Our package design class is still working a label redesign project, and this is the can that I am going to redesign. This is the Sweetbay's generic brand of dog food. While the blue does stand out on the shelf, I think that the overall design of the can is very ineffective. It looks like something that is very out of date design wise. While, I wouldn't mind spending less money on food for my dog the appeal of this product is very low. I don't understand the reasoning behind putting this picture of a girl and a dog on the front of the can when every other company chooses to put a picture of dog food on their cans. It kind of makes the customer wonder what they are feeding their pet or if this company's food just looks that bad that they couldn't put a picture of it on their can.

No comments: