Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Form & Space/ 3D class


I think this chair is a great piece of furniture, and furniture only. I do not think anybody can actually sit on it without falling; one would have to be very careful. It is actually very simple and clean cut yet interesting. The chair plays with negative spaces. What makes it interesting though, is the fur on top, without that I do not think that chair would caught anybody’s attention. The fur plays with light since the fur makes many different shapes, shadows, and brightness. By the fact that fur is thin and light, it moves according with the wind, also giving a lot of movement since the chair itself and the fur move. The oval shape guides our eyes around the chair.

1 comment:

jennifer lane said...

First thing I thought of when I saw this was that it looked like a baby chick bottom. Now, everytime I see it, I can't help but think that! Looks very comfortable though!