Thursday, November 29, 2007

Form and Space Week 10




My friend is getting married at the end of January 2008 and I went with her to a place called Silk Gardens to look for flowers. Silk Gardens is a warehouse full of silk flowers, greenery and plants and their selection is incredible. A lot of the flowers, especially the roses, are designed in such a way to actually feel like real flowers. Without knowing it was a silk flower, or trying to bend it, if blindfolded, you might think it were a real flower. On our trip, we decided to look at Christmas decorations and came across something called an "upside down Christmas tree." I didn't really know what to say when I first saw it, I thought it was a joke. Sometimes people come up with really unique ideas by going against what is normally expected and the result is often great. However, I don't feel this is a successful idea. I think the tree looks silly and I have no desire to ever own one. It's way too top heavy and it bothers my eyes. Although I don't like it, I still thought it was a unique way to play with space.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I like this a lot..It is definately out of the ordinary. It is not very often that you see a christmas tree upside down. I think it is a creative way to change to prespective on things.