Thursday, November 29, 2007

Form and Space Week 9



At the Renaissance festival they always used to offer hair braiding. There was a whole book full of images of different types of braids; french braids, braided pic tails, braided crowns, etc and for around 20-50 dollars, you could pay to have your boring hair transformed into a work of art. I don't know how these girls can sit there and braid hair all day. I used to coach a basketball team and for tournaments, we would all braid our hair. I remember my fingers started to ache after the 6th or 7th head. I don't know how those at the Renaissance Festival can sit there for hours upon end twisting hair into all sorts of unique designs. I'm beginning to think they might only work like 4 hours shifts, if even that, because I would think it would be difficult to braid hair for longer than that.

No comments: