Wednesday, April 11, 2007

FORM AND SPACE - 3D weekly find

Weekly Find – week #1 – Change Purse Artwork in Melbourne

Ok, so our first project is to create any object we would like but we need to carve it out of floral foam. I have chosen to make a change purse and while I was researching I stumbled across this huge sculpture and thought I would use it form my 3D weekly find. I found this while doing a Google search, nothing but I guess someone’s pictures from a vacation. Not quite sure. users.aber.ac.uk, this is the link it was attached to. I think it is really interesting that someone would think to create what looks like a huge marble change purse. The construction of this object seems to be seamless. At first looking at it on the internet as a thumbnail I wasn’t quite able to make out how large this was, and then when I expanded it to full size it really grabbed my attention. At first it just looked like a change purse, I wonder how the metal for the seal was developed. Anyway it’s a pretty cool idea to me, hope I get the opportunity one day to make a conversation piece such as this.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

This is a really cool example of 3 dimensional art. If I saw that on the ground in person, I don't know what I would think. I would probably want to touch it or sit on it. Is the artist anonymous?

Anonymous said...

Thats cool! I like the purse. I think that its very interesting. Good picture.

Janice