Tuesday, April 10, 2007

FORM & SPACE

Peppers may be present every day of our lives and some of us don’t even notice them. I was searching through mi kitchen trying to find a fruit and vegetables that would amaze me. I skipped lots of them including the pepper because I thought it was so common. But then I went back and took a better look at it. I put it on a white table and started to analyze it and notice its beauty.
Its red vivid color really impacted me. I was amazed to see how nature could create such beautiful color. The contrast of the green on top of it was also amazing. Both colors make a great unity but enhancement as well. Also I saw some little white lines that broke the red color into little pieces. I loved this effect.
The form and shape of it was something else I really enjoyed exploring. The different textures I found, smooth red, crispy white etc. I really enjoyed touching the pepper for a long time. After a while, I explored many places where I could put it so it would look weird and different. I loved the way it looked hanging form this rope. It looked so rare but somehow to me it seemed like it belonged there. This experience helped me to not live life without looking but instead, enjoy every bit of nature and find the beauty in what seems so common.

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

That is a great observation of an everyday thing. It is amazing what we just pass by because we are accustomed to seeing it.