Saturday, October 27, 2007

Week 4 Form & Space


I thought this particular sand sculpture was interesting because it seems to have a subtle message behind it. I like that all of the hands are together, kind of like when a group of people huddle up or to agree on something. I think of something for the greater good when I look at the sand sculpture, it’s different but still simple. Again, I wouldn’t have the patience to work on something that is as vulnerable to most things as what sand is, so I probably wouldn’t attempt any artwork with the medium!

3 comments:

yag said...

Nice and interesting composition. I like the fact of being a sand sculpture, how well done it was. It has volume, form and a good concept. Very good execution in sand!!

Terena Ribeiro said...

Look at the folds on his hand, amazing...

JEAN said...

I've never seen a sand sculpture like this. Crazy... it has depth too within the figures. Nice