Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Form and Space




Totally cool… ☺
Daily objects redesigned to make not only usable but also beautiful, a piece of decorative object. I really like geometric shapes but in this case the organic shapes are very effective. The round format guides your eyes trough the whole piece.
The different shapes on those objects also play with light making very bright on one side and very dark on the other sides. The use of negative space is great also.
The shapes, the texture, the whole design itself are very modern and contemporary looking. It is also very clean and simple.
For this format of design with different shapes all around white is the best color for it, more than one color would be too busy and all black I don’t think one would be able to see the shapes and shadows as much as white.
I don’t think those shapes would be easy to clean but it is worth it since they are very attractive.

2 comments:

April said...

Interesting tea set, I'd almost want to use it! I like the organic-ness of it!

yag said...

I definitely like this tea set. I think it has a very nice and well designed structure and three dimensional context. It is very curiously crafted...I like it!!