Saturday, February 24, 2007

Week 7 Analysis


For this weeks packaging analysis I chose Hillshire Farms Deli Selects package. I picked this as a good packaging idea because I tend to buy deli meat pre-packaged a lot and the most frustrating thing is how it goes bad quickly. And then for some reason at the grocery store I decided to pick up this package, just to try something new. Once I got it home and opened it I realized how fantastic of an idea it was. They have their meat packaged in an almost air tight plastic package inside of tupperware. This allowed for the meat to stay fresher longer and also made it so much easier to access the meat. I realize now that even Publix brand does this same thing with their deli meat; however, it is something that was such a simple idea but made a huge difference in how I chose to buy my meat, which in turn probably was the same for other consumers if it was for me as well.

No comments: