Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Conceptual Imagery JOY AND DEPRESSION



Joy and Depression to me are illustrated such as depression makes me think of the "emo" kid or depressed teenager who creates problems in his mind and likes to express it by cutting himself. Depression is to me typically someone who never smiles and wants to end therir life. Being someone who suffered from it in the past after a close friends death you can just sit in ur room and look sad for days on end. The imagery though that i used it based off of the stereotypes of today for people who are depressed. "Emo" supposively means emotional or from what i've observed are kids living in good neighborhoods with a good life but sit around and act like their life is horrible and talk about it all the time. I think it's actually pretty hilarious so i made sure the picture illustrated how silly the behavior is. I have known people who actually do cut themself and they had extremely severe childhoods and living conditions growing up so when i see or hear about "emo" i think personally they are complete idiots. Anyways here is my illustrations including joy. Joy basically reminds me of the blonde bimbo in her convertible mercedes benz speeding down the road chatting on her cell phone just being completely the opposite of the "emo".

No comments: