Wednesday, January 16, 2008

BK box


I think this is the most interesting fast food package I’ve ever come across. Apparently it was designed by Sean John, though I’m curious who the designer actually was – I doubt P. Diddy (or whatever he’s going by these days; I’m so un-cool) actually sat down and worked this out. This box is designed for the strangely named but admittedly yummy chicken fries at Burger King. The color is unusual, and definitely makes you look twice – usually fast food packaging is white paper or cardboard. Often restaurants use appetite-inducing red and yellow colors. BK was advertising their new late-night hours at the time, and I think this works better than simply slapping the new hours on the usual packaging. The box is an interesting design in itself. When you open the lid you see a nifty little pop-out flap that creates a niche to hold your choice of dipping sauce (in this case, barbeque). This way you don’t have to balance your sauce on your dashboard, lap, or friend’s head to eat. I think it works really well.

3 comments:

Laura Faye said...

I neglected to mention that the box does also protect the food. It closes, so your chicken fries don't end up at the bottom of the bag, like french fries do.

theeyeinside said...

Interesting. The design is great for their "Late Nite" theme. Nice sleek box design, too.

Meghan said...

Ever since burger king came out with this box I thought that is was very clever. Putting a little spot to hold the sauce was so smart, so you can eat and drive and not spill the sauce..great!!!