Monday, April 16, 2007

Form and Space #2 entry

When you first look at this object you are not quite sure of what it is. It is a chair that was sewed together and sprayed with a sealer to make it solid so that someone could sit on it. I think that this object it interesting because of how it is a chair but it has no hard edges on it like a normal chair does. I like how with this 3- dimensional object you can see through it. And how the texture of the chair makes it (in my mind) have a more visual effect of being 3-dimensional. This object makes me think of my grandma and new age modern ideas coming together. It is like something a young person would make in remembrance of their grandma or something like that. I personal like this object so much that it makes me want to sit in it right now and see if it can rock side to side and feel on the texture. I wonder if it feels soft or if it is hard. That would be so cool if it was like cooshie and soft like a blanket and still be able to hold its form.

2 comments:

Terena Ribeiro said...

I loved it. Where did you find it? Is it for sale?
I makes me think about my grandmother too. She does things lke that.

Anonymous said...

I like the object. It is very interesting. Very unique. Cool object to take a picture of. Janice