Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Form and Space Finds

Photobucket

I came across this statue/ad in a conveinence store on my way home from school one evening. I thought it was an interesting way for them to try and promote selling alcohol considering that it is a statue of a penguin. Not many people would connect a statue of a penguin to drinking beer, so I'm not sure it is completely successful in that matter; However, the statue is placed right next to the freezer that is full of alcohol and it does grab your attention which would infact direct a customer to the freezer which would tempt that person to buy the product it was meant to sell.

1 comment:

Josue said...

From my point of view, the penguin is placed by the alcoholic drinks to seduce the customers to buy cold beers. The element of the penguin (being an artic animal) brings a cool, soothing sense to mind. The use of these kinds of animals for publicity can be related to the Coca Cola polar bear commercials.