Monday, March 19, 2007

Week 9 Analysis



For week 9 I choose a package design that is amazingly designed with extremely modern graphics and a great typeface. However, the item itself is a little iffy. It’s Bong Spirit Vodka. I realize that several people in America and all over the world smoke marijuana and to them this is probably the most amazing thing in since weed itself. However, isn’t it just a little much? Is the alcohol industry that saturated that their next big move was to simulate the shape of a bong to get people to buy it? So, I guess my reason for picking this was more or less the question how far is too far, and what is tasteless? I realize that I am probably the only person who thinks that this is lame, so I am sure I will be out numbered on this specific topic. But, what next? An alcohol bottle in the shape of a heroine needle, or in a phallic symbol? It’s just sad that with this beautiful design they had to put it on this trashy idea for an alcohol bottle.

No comments: